Q. Which one of the following proposals was not included in the Gandhi-Irwin Pact?
a. Right to make salt for the people living in the coastal area
b. Right to picket peacefully at liquor shops.
c. Demand to set up a police commission to investigate police excesses
d. To be lenient with the officers who had resigned in the midst of the Civil Disobedience Movement
Answer – (c)
Explanation- The following proposals were included in the Gandhi-Irwin Pact-
1. To be suspended Civil Disobedience Movement
2. Release of political prisoners who did not participate in violence.
3. Confiscated property was to be returned if not sold.
4. Be lenient with government officials who resigned to take part in the movement.
5. Right to picket in front of liquor shops.
6. The people living near the sea coast had the right to make salt as per requirement.
7. Gandhiji demanded setting up of a commission to investigate police excesses but Irwin refused.